This content is focus on explaining to you how to set up Single Promotions like XY% OFF or SGD XY OFF in Partner Portal. If you are interested in setting up MultiBuy promotion like ANY 2 FOR SGD XY. please check this content instead.
If you are unsure of what promo type suits your business better or if you want more examples of promotions, check here!
To set up Single Promotions in Partner Portal, please go to the Promotions section.
In this section, you can see the promo already created for your products (if any). If you want to check all the promotions created, both new and old, just click on the tab ALL, else you can see only the promotions which are active (tab LIVE) or the ones that are already expired (tab EXPIRED).
To create a new promotion, just click on the button CREATE PROMOTION. You will be opening the page to define all the conditions and the scheduling:
Here's an explanation for 5 fields that you are requested to fill up:
PROMOTION TYPE - Here's where you select which kind of promo you want to run on your products:
- You can select Single if you want to run promotions like XY% OFF or SGD XY OFF (the case explained in this content)
- You can select Multi-Buy, if you want to run promotions like ANY 2 FOR SGD XY
CONDITIONS (saving value, how much the customer gets as discount) here is where you decide which kind of discounts you want to give your customers when you select the Single promo type. You can choose between a AMOUNT OFF ($) discount (e.g. SGD 10 OFF) or a PERCENTAGE OFF (%) discount (e.g. 10% OFF):
- Just select the type and then type in the value of the discount. For instance, if you want to run a SGD 5 discount, you should choose AMOUNT OFF ($) from the dropdown and then type 5
- Please note that the value of the discount should be more than 0 but less than the 90%. If you try to create a promotion with more than 90% of discount, the system won’t allow you to proceed
- Also, if you decide to run a promotion with a discount value of more than 50%, the system will ask to acknowledge the request
SCHEDULING - Here’s where you can define the start and end date of your promotion:
- Please note that the same RPC can’t be in two promotions at the same time. The system will detect that you have added a RPC already in another promotion with clashing dates and it will block you from proceeding further
- Kindly note that you should respect the format suggested, so DD/MM/YYYY. Any variation will prompt an error
- Now you can set up promotions even for the same day
USAGE LIMITS - Here's you can define whether your promotion should run for an unlimited number of times (so you are not really interested in how many times it is enjoyed in general and/or by the same customer), or you can define to put a limit to the redemption. You can place two types of limits for the redemption of your promo:
- USES FOR THIS PROMOTION - how many times the promotion can be used in general. If you are interested in limiting the usage, just select “Limited Uses” from the dropdown, and key in the number of times the promo can be used.
- USES per CART - how many times the promotion can be used by the same customer order. If you are interested in limiting the usage, just select “Limited Uses” from the dropdown, and key in the number of times a single customer can access your promo.
PRODUCTS ON PROMOTION - Here's where you can indicate the products you want to put on promo:
- Please note that you have multiple stores, you have to use the RPCs belonging to the store you are accessing while create the promo. For example for Store A, you should access Partner Portal for Store A and use the RPCs of Store A. For example for Store B, you should access Partner Portal for Store B and use the RPCs of Store B
- Type or copy and paste the RPCs of the products you want to include in this promotion. All the RPCs should be separated by space or comma. You can copy and paste multiple RPCs at once.
Once you are done with the condition, click on the button PREVIEW. You’ll be redirect to a summary page where you can double check the products included in your promotion and confirm the creation.
Please note that all the items with a discount between 50% and 74% will be highlighted with a orange mark and all the items with a discount higher than 75% will be highlighted with a red mark. These levels of discounts are higher than the average discount value but you can still proceed with the creation. We just want you to double check and acknowledge the discount so to prevent any excessive value set up by mistake.
Once you are done with the checking, please click on the button SUBMIT.
- if you have items marked in orange/red, you’ll be shown a request to acknowledge the discount level before proceeding with the creation. In case you are unsure about this, just click on the “X” and go back to the preview page to double check the items with high level of discount
- if you don’t have items marked orange/red, the promotions will be directly created
Once the promotion is set up, you’ll be re-directed to the page with the list of promotions already set up. The newest one, will be on top of the list and set to the status "ENABLED".
Please note that Partner Portal prefers Chrome!